- Site News
- Becca Selden receives Fellowship
- Fellow of the American Academy for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Steve Gaines named dean of the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management
- MSI Director Set to Assume Bren School Leadership in January
There are currently no items in this folder.
- Steve Gaines
- used for background of portal column rows
- header test image
Welcome to the Gaines Lab Website
Steven Gaines's research focuses on marine ecology and conservation, sustainable fisheries, the design of marine reserves, and the impact of climate change on ocean ecosystems. Professor Gaines currently acts as dean of the Donald Bren School of Environmental Science and Management at UCSB. He has served as director of the UC Santa Barbara Marine Science Institute, and as UCSB Acting Dean of Science and Acting Vice Chancellor for Research. Professor Gaines currently serves as a science advisor for the Joint Ocean Commission.